A guide to carpet flooring fibers
If you're searching for perfect carpeting, much of your decision will be based on the fibers that make up the product. Several options are available, giving you different benefits and decorating results, so choose with care.
There's good news for homeowners unfamiliar with carpet fibers and their characteristics. We can help you create fantastic results for any remodel, and here are some facts to help.
Consider your fiber choices
Considering the different available fibers, you should compare their characteristics and benefits with your specific needs and requirements. Here is a quick list of fibers for your floor-covering consideration.
· Nylon – A robust and resilient fiber that resists crushing and matting in low to mid-traffic areas.
· Polyester – Offers excellent stain resistance and brilliant colors
· Olefin – These fibers resemble wool, with extensive stain and bleach resistance, and at a more affordable price than nylon.
· Acrylic – Resistant to moisture, fading, mildew, stains, and electricity, acrylic is best reserved for low-traffic spaces.
· Wool – A natural fiber that contains no additives or chemicals, best used in areas with low humidity.
Which is best for you?
As you consider more in-depth information about these fibers, you’ll see one carpeting choice arise as a better choice for your needs than the others. If you need help choosing the right one, our associates will be happy to help.
Visit our flooring store for excellent flooring
King’s Floor Covering Inc offers materials and services with complete dedication to outstanding results. We care about your results and work to ensure the best products to fit your requirements.
When you’re ready to remodel, visit our carpet store in Fayetteville, AR, to browse an extensive inventory of carpet flooring. We look forward to serving you as we've helped communities including:
· Bella Vista
· Prairie Grove
· West Fork
· And Centerton